Castello di Albola - Reserva Sangiovese 750ml
93
Back Soon

Castello di Albola - Reserva Sangiovese 750ml

$42.00 $47.00 RRP Save 16%


Out of Stock

FREE next-day delivery FREE next-day delivery

Alcohol percentage 13.5
Bottle volume ml 750ml
Brand Castello di Albola
Gift box No
Country of origin Italy
Varietal Sangiovese

Description

Made from the finest Sangiovese grapes of the estate, the Castello Albola Reserve Sangiovese matures in oak for two years. It is a wine that expresses perfectly the terroir of Chianti Classico, whose very landscape it captures in the bottle. One can detect the high-altitude vineyards in its finesse, the heat of the earth in its depth and the nuances of woodlands in its extraordinarily persistent bouquet. Maturation lasts 15 months: 10% of the wine goes into Allier oak barriques, the remaining 90% into traditional Slavonian oak barrels. This is followed by 12 months’ maturation in stainless steel and a further three months in bottle before release.

Tasting Notes

  • Appearance Appearance
    Ruby-red tending towards garnet.
  • Palate
    Well-balanced and dry, with a good structure and a velvety texture.
  • Nose Nose
    Bursting with strawberry, red berries and notes of sage, spice cake, and subtle earth.

Awards

  • 93
    93 points
    Decanter
  • 2016
    Silver
    International Wine & Spirit Competition

Sommelier Review

“This Chianti Classico Riserva that is powerful and expressive but also refined. In the mouth a soft attack, lots of concentration, very well integrated acids and a powerful structure. Very long finish with, in addition to mild acids and substantial tannins, also delicate minerals.”

Michael Leitner

Food pairings

  • Beef
  • Cheese
  • Lamb

Recommended Products


Recipe

sangria cocktail in a wine glass

A classic Spanish red wine cocktail guide

Cuisine Red Wine
Servings 6
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time Less than one second
Nutrition 225 ccls
Category Cocktail

Ingredients

  1. 1 bottle of Castello di Albola - Reserva Sangiovese 750ml (Preferably Grenache or Tempranillo)
  2. 45 ml of Your Favourite Brandy
  3. 480 ml of Your Favourite Ginger Ale
  4. 1 lemon
  5. 1 orange
  6. 1 apple
  7. 2 tbsp of sugar

Instructions

  1. Cut the lemon, orange and apple into wedges.
  2. Add the fruits into a pitcher and muddle it for 45 seconds.
  3. Add the brandy and ginger ale and muddle it again for 30 seconds.
  4. Next, pour in the red wine. Add in the sugar. Stir gently to incorporate the flavours together.
  5. Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap. Rest it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours before serving.

Reviews From Real Customers

Be the first connoisseur to review this product